KimybaWoW

Friday, 2024-04-19, 1:22 PM

Welcome Peon | RSS

Main | Oh Noes.. - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Players Voice » Off Topic Threads » Oh Noes.. (Blizzard finnally cracks down on private servers)
Oh Noes..
MothyDate: Saturday, 2008-12-06, 4:59 AM | Message # 1
Server Helper
Group: Users
"Blizzard Entertainment is taking serious action to take down all unauthorized private "WoW" game servers/and or content related to "illegal use of emulators" within the next days..

- This isn't just for us, all private servers will eventually receive this letter, as there's a huge list of private servers listed in the DMCA letter... " Quote from Ani-wow founder

Well blizzard seems to be taking down private servers with DMCA's for thoses who do not know what a DMCA is it is a Digital Millennium Copyright Act, basically it was passed by congress to expand copyright laws into a digital age Before you say it only applies for the U.S. there are the international copyright laws that follow too, which states every country that signed has to respect each others copyright laws.There are only like 10-15 countries that did not sign the copyright laws.

Though I am not sure if "we" should be worried since we are not a big server. Might not be a good idea to be on voting sites right now since they seem to be choosing random servers to shut down.

Servers shut down:
Toxic Wow
Chaos Crusade
WoW Gasm
Ani-Wow

These all were "top" servers, it seems they may only do the top 1-50.
Just a bit of a warning, this server may go down.

Note: the DMCA letters these servers received could and might be a hoax.

Need Help? Feel free to ask if I am on.
Rawr
Mothy
Anhedonia
and Sharia ^^

Message edited by Mothy - Saturday, 2008-12-06, 6:45 AM

BeastedDate: Tuesday, 2008-12-09, 4:05 PM | Message # 2
Administrator
Group: Administrators
Thank god we arent ranked good XD

KimybaWoW Administrator
Got a problem with a Staff Member or Player? Tell me!

Forum » Players Voice » Off Topic Threads » Oh Noes.. (Blizzard finnally cracks down on private servers)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024   Powered by uCoz