KimybaWoW

Friday, 2024-04-19, 9:13 PM

Welcome Peon | RSS

Main | [PLEASE STICKY] Connection Guide. Easier way - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Server Guides » Guides » [PLEASE STICKY] Connection Guide. Easier way (Easier way to repatch if you have patch 3.0.2 or higher)
[PLEASE STICKY] Connection Guide. Easier way
DrayceDate: Thursday, 2008-10-23, 9:13 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Figured you guys missed this way of doing it. It saves you a lot of time.

IF YOU HAVE PATCH 3.0.2 OR HIGHER:

1)If you have a retail account, just copy the folder and put the copy elsewhere.

2) Go into your wow Folder. And Find Patch.MPQ.

3)Delete Patch.MPQ

4)Run the Repair Utility

5) After checking the files it should tell you that Wow needs to backup to an older version follow the prompt and allow it to do so.

6) You now have World of Warcraft running at the first patch.

7) Patch up to the required Server Patch and follow the other Rules Above.

Credit for Icon goes to Hawttu at Livejournal.

DarkbornDate: Thursday, 2008-10-23, 9:28 PM | Message # 2
Game Master/Developer
Group: Administrators
I've had people do this, and it updates straight to 3.0.2 though..

My Deviantart page

DrayceDate: Thursday, 2008-10-23, 9:38 PM | Message # 3
Private
Group: Users
Can't be if you completely delete Patch.Mpq from your computer. That means removing it from your Recycle Bin and run the repair utility it will downgrade it.

Patch.Mpq contains all of the patches you have installed. So it would make no sense why they would still be getting patch 3.0.2 on login unless they did something incorrectly

I've done this over 10 times because I've played on multiple private servers so I know it works.
You could test it for yourself. If it works then you've managed to find a better way that people can do this. If it doesn't , nothing changes

Credit for Icon goes to Hawttu at Livejournal.

DarkbornDate: Friday, 2008-10-24, 1:26 AM | Message # 4
Game Master/Developer
Group: Administrators
I know I used to do your method all the time. Just since Blizzard changed some things it seemed as though they made it so you can't do it.

Okay, fine I'll change it, just from the people I've helped, this never worked. Since Blizzard likes to fuck with Private servers.

My Deviantart page

aedw984342Date: Tuesday, 2008-11-18, 0:39 AM | Message # 5
Game Master
Group: Game Master
Drayce,

Your way works perfect i deleted wow again to test it and i connect back and uploaded within the hour 8hours short of the last time it happen the only diffrence is the realmlist is moved apart form that i didnt hit any problems with your instruction. biggrin

Thanks Drayce

Forum » Server Guides » Guides » [PLEASE STICKY] Connection Guide. Easier way (Easier way to repatch if you have patch 3.0.2 or higher)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024   Powered by uCoz